Leadership and Management
The Governors, in consultation with the Head Teacher, provide the strategic lead for the school. They include parent representatives as well as other professionals. The full Governing Body meets at least every half term to support and challenge the Leadership Team and establish a shared vision and school development plan.
The Governors take a full and active part in the school by:
- Ensuring a clear vision and set of priorities are set annually with the Head teacher
- Visiting school formally and informally in planned cycle of school review
- Monitoring and evaluating specific areas and meet with Senior Leaders, including Learning Walks
- Weekly moderation of Safeguarding updates
- Conducting health and safety checks
- Supporting fund raising activities
The governors also develop their own skills through training and working with partners, such as the Local Authority, to ensure the school is supported in achieving the best for its pupils.
School Leadership Team
The school's Leadership Team provides the direction of the school by giving both strategic and operational support across all aspects of the school.
The Leadership Team comprises the Governors, Head Teacher, Deputy Head Teacher, Assistant Head Teacher and School Business Manager.
All class teachers, as middle leaders, are actively involved in monitoring, evaluating and improving their teaching and assessment practice. They provide leadership to their support staff teams and are responsible in making sure that their staff are given professional development opportunities in the classroom as well as leading appraisals linked to the school improvement priorities. Additionally all class teachers identify a specific focus area within the curriculum and share good practice through mentoring and coaching of colleagues in these areas.
Teachers working within the Upper Pay Scale ensure wider outcomes for pupils with SEND within local schools by sharing good practice.
Other Staff and Agencies
· Extended services across Blackpool – Together Centre
· School Nurse
· Physiotherapy Team
· Occupational Therapist
· Educational Psychologists
· Speech and Language Therapists