Family Support staff work in partnership with the Blackpool Children Centres and services to provide families with early intervention strategies and intensive support for the whole family:
- Offer families with disabled children aged 0-13 years, practical support and advice within their home, at the Together centre or another appropriate setting.
- Act as a families advocate to liaise with other professionals and facilitate any actions that may need to be put into place; this may be through multi-agency meetings or 1:1 contact.
- Identify and assess factors affecting an individual child’s or young person’s ability to benefit from the full range of support to which they are entitled and assist them to access relevant services and agencies to remove these barriers so necessary support can be provided.
- Enable families to access other services and agencies that will provide information and support to address the issues that their family is experiencing.
- We offer services that support and advise on benefit’s, debt, housing , employment, childcare, accessing groups, abd applying for grants. We can also signpost to relevant training courses and support referrals to other services such as the parenting team, Portage and Blackpool’s parent partnership worker.
This term we are working with families across a range of schools and nursery settings in Blackpool including:
- Unity Academy
- Park Academy
- Manor Beach Primary School
- Norbreck Primary
- Revoe School
- Hawes Side School
- Ashcroft Nursery School
- Carr Hill Secondary School
- Private Nurseries
- Boundary Primary School
- Moor Park School
- Claremont Primary School
- Baines Endowed Primary School
- St Cuthberts Nursery
- Marton Nursery
- Layton Nursery
- St Marys High School
- Thames Primary School
If you need support please contact us
Telephone: 01253 476322
Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Together Centre Family Support
Please click on these links for some Interesting articles: